Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love and Coffee

Blogging in a coffee shop. Hrmmm this is a new one for me, actually though it’s kind of fun. Laura’s currently at work (I know, I know. Who works when their boyfriend is coming to visit?!) but I digress, so I’m stuck in a coffee shop for the next four hours. I figured I might as well do something productive and I thought “Hey coffee shop and blogging go hand and hand.” So here I am writing a blog about who knows what (As soon as I find out where I‘m going with this post I’ll tell you promise) drinking a mocha latte.

Lightbulb.

It’s almost Valentine’s Day and here’s the kicker: I. Hate. Greatly dislike. Valentine’s Day. Why? Because it’s a stupid pointless holiday. I know as a hopeless romantic it should be illegal for me to hate the one holiday of the year all about hopeless romanticism but see that’s the issue for me. I really don’t think that people should take one day out of the year to do clichéd cheesy things for the person they love. If you truly love someone then doesn’t it make more sense to do spontaneous romantic things everyday? (with in financial and reasonable limits of course.) Now I’m not saying that we should completely ignore Valentine’s Day, it is after all expected of us to do big romantic things.But here it goes, I hope you’re ready for this because I have a crazy idea: what if….. we stop expecting big romantic things one day out of the year and try and show our love every single day?

It doesn’t have to be anything big, send flowers because it’s Tuesday or make a moose named Herbert at Build-a-Bear just because it’s a Thursday. Write a letter because it’s Sunday. Or if you don’t/can’t spend money listen about their day. It’s not at all hard to do the unexpected every day whether big or small expensive or not your partner will always appreciate when you show them you care.

So here’s the start of a new tradition, no more Happy Valentine’s Day, I’d rather wish you a happy everyday of the year. Now get up and go show your love you care, or if you’re single, talk to that girl at the coffee shop, or the cute boy at the movie theater. Although they could say no, if you don’t give them the chance they’ll never say yes either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment