Friday, February 11, 2011

I Wouldn't Bring Up Paris if I Were You, It's Poor Salesmanship.

I LOVE ADVENTURE. Any trip big or small can be turned into an adventure. Now you may think that’s a ridiculous statement, after all how much adventure can be had driving to the grocery store and back to pick up milk? Well my answer to you is this:  next time you drive to the store blast something epic (my go to adventure song? The Horrible Credits from Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog) If you don’t know it Google it. That song can turn anything in to an adventure of epic proportions. Anyway, so here I am on a train, truth be told first time I’ve ever ridden a train. And I am having the most fun I have ever had on a trip!

I couldn’t tell you what it is exactly perhaps the romance of trains or their long storied history. Whatever it happens to be here I am on a twenty plus hour train ride grinning like a fool the whole time. Admittedly there is very little to do but it’s still just plain fun. For instance, I’m sitting here blogging which is something I do enjoy anyway but on the train? It’s like three hundred times cooler! Perhaps it’s the mystery of it, I know I’m writing in a little blog that few people read but the passengers around me don’t know that. For all they know I’m writing secret government documents or the script for the next big blockbuster.

I suppose the other great part of the train is the scenery rushing by and the train car I’m in right now. See I am currently in the lounge which is a completely refurbished early forty’s era train car, you want to talk about the romanticism of trains I feel wrong not typing this on a typewriter! Don’t get me wrong, I can’t wait to get to my ultimate destination, but I think I’m going to be traveling by train a lot more often now. Seriously, if you haven’t done it you should. Take a break from life next time you get a chance and hop aboard a train somewhere see if you feel the excitement and rush. 

1 comment: