Sunday, February 27, 2011

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes

Scene My Bedroom it's 2:30 am a black and white cat sleeps at the foot of the bed. Pan up to me, wide awake.


I do my best thinking at night. Why? Because when you're an insomniac like I am you have a lot of time at night to think. I also watch a lot of movies, lately I've watched RENT several times. It's an amazing movie with a wonderful message. If you haven't seen it I would suggest you go out and RENT (couldn't resist) it sometime.

Now my favorite song in the movie (apart from Seasons of Love) is I Should Tell You, anyway this song started me thinking tonight, over the past few weeks I've had several friends ask me for my opinion on this issue with a relationship or another. Long story short my ultimate answer was "Just tell them how you feel, yeah they could say no, but they'll never say yes if you don't give them the chance." As I've mentioned before in We Were Both Young When I First Saw You I've always been that guy who sat back in the cafeteria looking at the pretty girl in line and thinking "Tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll get up the courage to ask her out." You want to know a funny thing about tomorrow? It never, ever comes, because when it gets here it's today. So there I sat, quietly liking her but being to afraid to do anything. (Although, in my defense I did get up the courage to ask whatever girl I happened to like at the time to dance so I guess Courage .5 Cowardice 1. ACTUALLY, I even managed to ask a girl I really liked to homecoming once so I think it's tied up.)

I should tell you, I should tell you.
I should tell you I love you.
I should tell you I miss you.
I should tell you I hi.
I should tell you I want to reconnect.
I should tell you.
I should tell you how I feel about you.
I should tell you I hated you once.
I should tell you I'm sorry.
I should tell you good bye.
I should tell you I wish we never stopped.

So here it is: I'm gonna try to tell people how I really feel about them from now on. We only have one life to live. I ask you now, why should I hide? I make no promises about telling you right away but I will. I may need a little prodding, a gentle shove in the proper direction. Hopefully though, eventually I'll be able to do it without help. Until that point if you'd like to know ask, if not, will okay then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment